Senior engineering manager
— till now
I’m leading the overhaul of a massive Azure DevOps instance, directly improving build performance and managing permissions, compliance, and security for over 2000 engineers. My achievements include:
- Created and implemented yearly team strategies focused on customer needs, aiming to increase productivity and enhance the developer experience.
- Evaluated and improved our CI/CD processes, leading to a project that doubled build performance by moving to a new build template.
- Tackled the issue of unclear artifact ownership in our large ADO instance by establishing processes to identify, archive, or reassign abandoned resources.
- Enhanced engineering team satisfaction with build performance by 20% in 1.5 years.
- Managed a team of four expert engineers.
Head of platform engineering
As an IT strategist, I developed a comprehensive plan for the core engineering team of 20 experts and the wider team. I also oversaw software development for the company’s product team. My achievements include:
- Platform 3-year strategy development.
- Optimized software development processes and introduced an engineering manager / teamlead position, which improved communication and engineers’ satisfaction.
- Coached a group of engineering managers to lead product teams.
- Designed an effective assessment process for engineers, which 300 of them passed.
- Launched an efficient onboarding and rotation practice for new and existing colleagues.
- Migrated 300 services to a private cloud based on Kubernetes, Grafana, and Elasticsearch, reducing infrastructure costs by 20%.
Tochka is the top online bank for SMEs in the CIS. With a culture grounded in Holacracy, the company has over 600 staff dedicated to IT and software development.
Dev ops group manager
I took charge of forming a DevOps team and executing DevOps practices in our organization. With the task of recruiting and guiding a group of three engineers, I skillfully introduced DevOps tools to the development teams and revamped our communication protocols with the parent company that supplied computing resources.
Here are some of my key accomplishments:
- Successfully launched a monitoring system for a product that utilized Zabbix, ELK-stack, and Grafana.
- Implemented CI/CD processes for various teams and their applications.
- Significantly decreased hardware operational support costs by automating deployment and transferring responsibility to teams, resulting in a 10-fold reduction in expenses.
- Organized the collection of real-time business metrics for our main app, providing valuable insights into user behavior.
SKB Lab is a fintech firm that designs an online bank catering to its primary customer, Sinara, through mobile and web applications.
Kontur.Accounting is a Cloud Accounting Platform for SMEs. I led a team of 5 engineers, conducted customer surveys, managed sprint and release planning, and coordinated multiple teams for successful releases. I spearheaded the development of a process to attract outsourced development teams and resolved communication and development process problems within a 50-member team.
My efforts resulted in improved communication with users and a 4-point increase in the product’s NPS metric over a 6-month period.
Head of the software integration department
I led a team of 25 employees and collaborated with sales and marketing for pre-sale activities. My focus was on expanding Integration Solutions, Business Process Management, Business Intelligence, Corporate Portal Solutions, and Enterprise Software Development using IBM products like WebSphere Integration Bus, MQ, IBM Cognos, and BPM. I hired managers, engineers, analysts, and negotiated with customers. I established monthly reporting meetings, analyzed budgets, and set KPIs.
- Revitalized a dying IBM Cognos based project, restored relations with Customer’s specialists and completed it in 7 months instead of 6
- Scaled the “Integration” direction by training specialists and successfully implementing the finished product in up to 8 new bank customers in 4 months
- Managed a team of 5 engineers and analytics
- Worked as a pre-sale architect with the sales team, developing integration solutions for banks based on IBM products such as IBM Integration Bus, WebSphere MQ, and IBM BPM
I was promoted from Software Developer.
- Identifying the customer needs and requirements
- Collecting and describing technical requirements, designing process charts, and test cases.
- Specifying detailed description for developers
- Set up Scrum process inside the team and scaled it for all department’s projects.
- Groomed the tasks and set them to the development team
Realized projects for enterprise customers
- Customers’ portal for a grid company, based on Liferay 6 and IBM Integration Bus (IBM WebSphere Message Broker). Organized collection accounting data from distributed among the area systems
- Implemented an Enterprise Service Bus based on IBM WebSphere MQ and IBM Integration Broker for a bank.
.Net Software Developer. Had worked to customize MS Dynamics CRM for the company’s sales requirements. Developed an internal system to process employees’ demands for the monetary compensation and planning budgets. Maintained the company’s corporate portal, based on MS Sharepoint.
Technology stack: C#, MS SQL Server, MS Dynamics CRM, MS SharePoint 2007-2010. Recognized as a Microsoft Certified Professional.